25th Annual Meeting of the Vision Health Research Network
The 25th VHRN Annual Meeting will not be held in person.
Aware that this annual meeting is a unique opportunity for several vision researchers and students to exchange (networking), and discover advances in vision health in Quebec, the Network intends to offer you a new entirely virtual formula later this Fall. The Network takes the health and safety of its members and meeting attendees seriously and will take all necessary steps to create a safe environment for everyone attending VHRN events.
More details to follow shortly.
Date : Thursday June 11th 2020 – CANCELED IN-PERSON
Location : Université de Montréal, Jean-Brillant Pavilion – CANCELED IN-PERSON
Time: from 7:30
Beginning of the presentations: 8:30
Abstracts: April 12th 2020 – POSTPONED
Registration: May 28th 2020 – POSTPONED
All researchers and research collaborators, clinicians / fundamentalists, teachers, students, assistants and technicians involved in vision research in Quebec are invited to actively participate in this event. This meeting will give you the opportunity to discover what is happening in vision health research in Quebec. It is a unique and privileged opportunity to meet colleagues from diverse backgrounds and Quebec institutions, to share your knowledge and « networking ».
In the plenary session, the keynote speaker will be Dr Ava K. Bittner, OD, PhD. who is currently an Associate Professor at the UCLA Stein Eye Institute. Her primary clinical interest is low vision rehabilitation. Dr. Bittner’s research interests include the psychophysical assessment of the healthy and diseased visual system, both to increase the understanding of this system and to develop tools to monitor disease and therapeutic outcomes.
Presentation title: Innovative Visual Assistive Technologies
The Network Goes Green: The full program will only be available on our website – no documents will be distributed.
Improved schedule and return of the classics
- All of the oral presentations will be presented in a single room allowing participants to attend all of the oral presentations, all areas combined. There will be two oral presentation sessions, in the morning and in the afternoon. The number of oral presentations selected will therefore be limited.
- Poster presentations will also be split into two sessions (even and odd). All presenters will be able to participate in discussions and exchanges.
- “Information and research strategies for residents” component will be held during lunch. Details will follow.
- « A wink on my research » contest will be back! All students (1st, 2nd and 3rd cycles, MD students and post-doctoral fellows) interested in presenting their research are invited to prepare a short oral presentation of 3 minutes. The scientific journalists, Carine Monat, PhD (https://carinemonat.com/), and Renaud Manuguerra-Gagné, PhD, have renewed their participation and will evaluate selected presentations. Hurry because places are limited!
- The journal « Annals of Eye Science » will publish the abstracts presented at the Annual Meeting.
- A bus will be chartered for participants from Quebec City (departure from Pavillon Desjardins – Université Laval). Details to come.
→ Link for registration temporarily suspended ←←←
- Abstract Example for VHRN 2020 Virtual Meetings
- Potential COI disclosure form (mandatory for all presenters – oral or posters)
- Abstract Exemple for EAS Journal
- COI disclosure form for EAS Journal (mandatory if principal author authorized its publication – must be fill in by all the authors)
- Presentation instructions and evaluation grid available soon
If you experience difficulty registering online:
- Registration and submission form (Word Version available soon)
We look forward to seeing you in large numbers at this 25th Annual Meeting!