25th Annual Meeting of the Vision Health Research Network
Date : Thursday June 11th 2020
Location : Université de Montréal, Jean-Brillant Pavilion
Time: from 7:30
Beginning of the presentations: 8:30
Abstracts: April 12th 2020
Registration: May 28th 2020
All researchers and research collaborators, clinicians / fundamentalists, teachers, students, assistants and technicians involved in vision research in Quebec are invited to actively participate in this event. This meeting will give you the opportunity to discover what is happening in vision health research in Quebec. It is a unique and privileged opportunity to meet colleagues from diverse backgrounds and Quebec institutions, to share your knowledge and « networking ».
In the plenary session, the keynote speaker will be Dr Ava K. Bittner, OD, PhD. who is currently an Associate Professor at the UCLA Stein Eye Institute. Her primary clinical interest is low vision rehabilitation. Dr. Bittner’s research interests include the psychophysical assessment of the healthy and diseased visual system, both to increase the understanding of this system and to develop tools to monitor disease and therapeutic outcomes.
Presentation title: Innovative Visual Assistive Technologies
The Network Goes Green: The full program will only be available on our website – no documents will be distributed.
Improved schedule and return of the classics
- All of the oral presentations will be presented in a single room allowing participants to attend all of the oral presentations, all areas combined. There will be two oral presentation sessions, in the morning and in the afternoon. The number of oral presentations selected will therefore be limited.
- Poster presentations will also be split into two sessions (even and odd). All presenters will be able to participate in discussions and exchanges.
- “Information and research strategies for residents” component will be held during lunch. Details will follow.
- « A wink on my research » contest will be back! All students (1st, 2nd and 3rd cycles, MD students and post-doctoral fellows) interested in presenting their research are invited to prepare a short oral presentation of 3 minutes. The scientific journalists, Carine Monat, PhD (https://carinemonat.com/), and Renaud Manuguerra-Gagné, PhD, have renewed their participation and will evaluate selected presentations. Hurry because places are limited!
- The journal « Annals of Eye Science » will publish the abstracts presented at the Annual Meeting.
- A bus will be chartered for participants from Quebec City (departure from Pavillon Desjardins – Université Laval). Details to come.
→→→ LINK FOR REGISTRATION ←←←
- Presentation instructions and evaluation grid available soon
- Potential conflict of interest disclosure form (mandatory for all presenters – oral or posters)
If you experience difficulty registering online:
- Registration and submission form (Word Version available soon)
We look forward to seeing you in large numbers at this 25th Annual Meeting!