Student Committee Picture Competition
It is back !!!
In 2015-2016, this competition was initiated by the Student Committee of the RRSV at the time.
The competition is available again in 2022-2023.
- This contest will be held twice a year (May 1st and November 1st)
- This contest is open to all members of the VHRN (researchers, clinicians, professors, students, interns, research staff, etc.)
- Prizes will be awarded by popular vote
- The prices will vary between $150 and $50 depending on the positions obtained
- All photos related, directly or indirectly, to the vision are accepted (for example: scientific photos, team photos, photos of laboratory equipment, graduation photos, etc.)
*Since the intent is to post them on the VHRN website, photos should not be offensive or emotionally shocking to the general public.
Deadlines: May 1st and November 1st 2022
The aim of this competition is to showcase the scientific work and the research environment of researchers and student members of the Vision Health Research Network (VHRN). The pictures received will be used by the VHRN to update header images on its website. This competition is the perfect occasion for researchers and students to show their lab, equipment, clinical environment or awesome microscopy images that would otherwise never see the light of day (e.g. fluorescent happy face neuron ensemble).
- All photos related with vision, directly or indirectly, are accepted (e.g. scientific pictures, team pictures, laboratory equipment pictures, graduation pictures, etc.). Since the objective is to display them on the website, the pictures cannot be emotionally shocking or offensive for the general public. Remember that for each person in the picture we need a written consent.
- The competition is open to everyone (professor, researchers, clinicians, research assistants and technicians, etc). All students supervised by a VHRN member are automatically VHRN student members.
- The candidate can submit as many images as he wants (one form per photo).
Amount and number of awards
Prizes of $150 (most popular image by electronic voting), $100 (2nd position) and $50 (3rd position) will be awarded to the winners (the number of prizes is subject to the availability of funds).
- Photos will be evaluated by the Student Committee and by all VHRN members
- All images will be proposed to members via the Network’s newsletter and they will be invited to vote for their favorite image (1 vote per email address). Votes will be collected over a 2-week period.
- Results will be known at the end of May or Novembre.
How to apply
The applicant must complete the electronic form available on the “STUDENT COMMITTEE PICTURE COMPETITION ” homepage (1 form/picture) and attach the appropriate documents:
- The image in JPG, TIFF or PNG format (the minimum size of the image must be 2 000 x 1 500 pixels).
- The consent form filled and signed by the author or each person appearing in the picture (combined PDF if many persons).
Incomplete and/or non-compliant applications will be rejected.